We have not disappeared, we are not lost, we have been packing and moving and unpacking. I finally talked to my OWN MOTHER yesterday, sorry Mom it took so long. We finally have a phone and internet, I forgot how much I love having a phone and internet. Anyways, I have not been good at taking photos through this whole experience but here is what I do have...
We arrive at the new house. The kids are excited to go in and check it out. (I am excited and nervous at the same time, long story)
Here they are entering the house with Grandma and Stacey. Jason's parents and sister, Stacey came to help us pack and drive and then unpack and clean. Do you see their halo's? I swear that they are there. The kids had a great time with them and Jason and I don't know what we would have done without their help.
This is where my camera battery runs dead. I wish I could have recorded the kids running all through the house and picking out their rooms. They were very excited.
The first dinner, yes that is pasta roni. Is that a step up from mac and cheese? We did have an apple left in the cooler from our trip and some yogurt.
The first night, Adam wanted Anna to read to him before bed
Jason thinks he needs to document what he thinks is my obsessive compulsiveness. Hey, it is dirty up there and someone has got to do it!
So here we are in New Mexico. We were sad to say goodbye to beautiful California, to our beloved courtyard and playground, and most of all to our dear friends. But to end on a happy note, I have a walk in closet, we have moved into a great neighborhood with friendly neighbors, AND we have been reunited with our dear friends here in Albuquerque. They have been so welcoming and helpful and it has been a great comfort to all of us.
8 comments:
Thanks for posting pictures of your house! I am so jealous... It looks like your house was in fine condition when you got there. So no more "previous owner" drama--right? Congratulations on making it home. I miss you guys but look forward to keeping up via your blog.
You house looks beautiful, Cecy! I'm so excited that you made it back there even though I'm not there!
Can't wait to see you guys again!
Your house does look beautiful and spacious. Have fun in New Mexico and we'll definitely let you know when we're in Utah.
Cec! We must have been moving at the same time! I still have boxes thru out my house too! Glad to hear you are back in NM for part II. I hope things go well as you settle in again!
i'm so glad you posted pictures!!! and even happier to know that you are moved in, happy, and doing well. your house looks gorgeous!! and i love that you are cleaning above the cabinets (something i think even i'd do in my own home...maybe:D). you must be in heaven with all of that space. your kids look so happy and i bet they love running around and exploring their new home. i'm glad you had help as well. i can't wait for more posts. miss you more than you know!
I am glad you put up a blog post and I got to see pictures of you all settling in. We miss you so much, we just got back to California and it is weird not to have you here!
Yes you are a little OCD about cleaning!! But out of everything you could be that isn't so bad! I'm glad that you found a house and that you are moved in and happy. Yeah for Jason being done and welcome to the life of just work and play! We miss you guys!
How fun to move into a big house and get to pick a room!! How great for the kids, and you. I love knowing that if I ever come to NM for a visit that the top of your cupboards are clean. That is so funny, but I appreciate cleaniness!
Miss you!
Post a Comment