Haley, "When I grow up I'm going to be a princess, a BIG princess". Adam, "If you are a princess you won't be able to see your family anymore. You'll be at Disneyworld."
"Rootbeard"... how Haley says rootbeer
Haley, "Keep your eye on the MALL"
Haley, "Mom, I want to go to the peaceful place." Adam, "But then you will go there Haley and it won't be peaceful anymore."
Haley "reading" her Fancy Nancy book, "Fancy Nancy, have you met R2-D2?"
Haley singing Rudolph, "...they used to laugh and call him names, like Penelope!"
Haley was yelling from her bed the other night, "Anna, stop growling!!!!" Jason went up to see what was going on and heard Anna snoring. Haley complained, "Anna is growling!"
Haley, "I am going to get Santa a guitar for Christmas"
Adam, "You thought you got away with me but I got away with you!" (He was so happy he got away with something, even though he didn't actually get away with it because he was so happy that he had to tell me!)
We think Haley has figured out the way sports teams are named. She was playing soccer against Jason and this is what she said, "Dad (who was wearing a grey shirt), you are the "Grey Jays" and I am the...(pause while she looks down at her colorful outfit she picked out)... I am the the "Colorful Socks".
It's been a battle lately to get Haley to clean her room. I asked her to do it today and she said, "Okay... if there isn't very much stuff then I won't cry...if there is a lot of stuff I will cry."
Haley, "I wish my dance teacher wouldn't tell me what to do."
Haley, "If you want to read a book, go ahead. If you don't want to read a book, don't go ahead."
Anna, "Do the Yankees speak a different language?" (This may only be funny in our house)
Haley, "It's picey" (just want to remember the cute way she says "spicy")
Haley when we went to pick up Anna from school, "Mom, I know the rules... no running in the street, no throwing or kicking rocks, and no sitting in people's bushes." The rules are actually for Adam and I guess I repeat them often enough. After today I'm going to add NO STICKS.
Adam, "Dad you don't do the boomsauce right."
Anna, "I want to own a doggy-day care when I grow up". And to go along with that... our neighbor, "Either YOU buy that girl a dog or I will!"
"Mom, me and Dad are like twins!", Adam.
Haley, "Mom, how to you get to be a rockstar?"
Recipes
Best Cornbread
(I am making this with Chili. I got this recipe from a friend and it's the best recipe for cornbread I've ever tried.
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk and a dash of vinegar or lemon juice
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
3/4 cup floud
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons melted butter
1.Preheat oven to 400. If you have a cast iron skillet, that's what I normally use. I put it in the oven with teh butter while I mix teh rest of the ingredients together. Then I dump the melted butter int ot he ligquid and mix it with teh dry ingredients fast and pout the batter into the hot pan. It makes the ouside crunchy.
2.I combine the dry ingredients and whisk them to sift them together. Then I combine the wet ingredients and wait for the butter. Then I combine the two mixes and pour it into the pan and bake it for about 25 minutes (20 minutes in ABQ)
1 comment:
Cute! I love seeing these videos! Her hair is getting so long! Your house looks beautiful.
Post a Comment