Sigh... Here are the school kids on their first day...
We miss summer! I didn't get many photos as usual but here are some of the things we did
Hung out in Ephraim/Salt Lake with Family. I was not there mostly so I stole these pictures from Jenny (thanks :)) I only took one blurry picture of Haley trying to hit a baseball and it's not even viewable
Celebrated the 4th of July of course, Albuquerque Style!
Swam in the backyard pool
We went Roller Skating and it was really hard once I got there to resist the urge to put on the stonewash jeans and wear a scrunchy.
Does this picture make you dizzy?... Haley made me dizzy, unless she was on the ground after falling.
We learned that Haley is allergic to steri-strips. By the way, she has already had her first injury at kindergarten. It took her 4 hours.
Stacey came for a visit. It was SO great, we loved it. Come back soon Stacey!
The boys played a lot of baseball (not pictured here) and some basketball
The kids learned to "stitch"... that's what they say.
We did swimming lessons. I can now safely say (I think) that one of my 4 children will not drown in a pool :)
This was Adam every time I tried to take a picture of him
Too bad he had to come up for air eventually :)
Anna learned how to save a life
and how to dive instead of belly flop
Haley says she loves to belly flop (but I secretly think it hurts). Mostly she spent her time during swimming lessons being herded back to the wall by her teacher. It all came to a pinnacle when he had to chase her across the pool and then I had to threaten no swimming lessons the next day unless she was touching the wall at all times unless directed otherwise. She did it, sort of. You should have seen her escaping face!, priceless, but I was too busy saying things like "stop" "stop that" "go back" "HALEY!" to take pictures
Here is Kate wishing she was in the water. Next year!
Kate has developed a shoe fetish
and wants her own piano to play when Anna does
We read a lot of books this summer but this is the only picture I have to prove it.
We had our shoes bitten by snapping turtles. Very cute if you're Adam and Anna, scary if you're Haley
And of course we held snakes. Sick.
Oh, and Jason and I went on a little trip. It was....(insert the best adjective you can think of here)
It was so fun to hang out together.
We saw lots of cool sights like this
We ate a lot of this stuff
at a lot of places with tablecloths like this
walked down streets like this
and slept at this place
saw this (if you know Roman Holiday)
admired ancient perfume bottles (mostly me, not so much Jason)
and ancient coins from a wishing well
AND (yes in capital letters) saw this sculpture, the picture does not to it justice, it was beautiful.
My feet hurt




5 comments:
That sounds like quite the summer! I loved seeing all the pictures.
What a wonderful trip! I only can hope that one day Bryant and I can make it together to Italy! And your kids are oh so cute! And getting bigger.
What a fun summer! Mike and I did Italy several years ago but didn't make it to Pisa- another reason we'll have to go back. I loved the Pieta though! We still have a few weeks of summer- school starts after labor day around here.
Wow, what an awesome summer! I love seeing your kids, they really are growing up. AND you went to Italy?? How fun is that? I love Roman Holiday!
67wow!!! so fun catching up on your blog!! jorgen broke his arm last week and ashlee told me to check your blog...TWO BREAKS! Poor adam and kate (especially kate...a leg would be extra miserable!) hope they are healing and doing well. your Italian trip sounds dreamy! and your kids are adorable! hailey still has the most stunning eyes ;) and i adored seeing the monkey cake make an appearance...every two year old in our family gets that cake :) oh, i miss you! we need to drive through again so i can get my cecy and heather fix! xo
Post a Comment