FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What Anna has learned in first grade

That your brain is behind your nose and if you stick a pencil up your nose you could poke it into your brain and die. (do not cross Mrs. Polan)

How to spell, ALL THE TIME (her favorite words are appreciation, albuquerque, bibliomaniacs and sh - as in shhhh)

How to make candles and soap (I am counting on her to help us survive through a depression or 72 hours of darkness or whatever, she is a serious asset!)

All about pilgrims. She knows way more than I do.

Here are some pictures of the Thanksgiving feast that they had at school today.

She picked out her clothes so she would look like a pilgrim. How'd she do? I think the blue GAP jacket Grandma gave her gives away the fact that she is NOT a pilgrim.

Anna's job was to be a leather maker. Her handy work.

Candles the class made (I wish I had a first grade teacher who allowed me to play with hot wax!)
Here is Anna with the famous Mrs. Polan
The homemade bonnet, and..... collar. I had to ask Anna what the official name for that article of clothing was.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Cute. She sounds like a great teacher.

Cher said...

Wow, so much knowledge. Very useful knowledge too! She is a little smarty pants. We miss you guys!