FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

One last baseball game

Jason and I took Adam and Anna to the city for a SF Giants game on Saturday. It was fun to spend time together. We missed having Haley with us but I think she was happier here at home in a warm bed, it was cold!
There was a carnival before the game and Jason miraculously won this stuffed dragon. I would not say that Jason is one to get emotional over winning or losing carnival games but I swear I saw his feet come off the ground when he won, and I know he raised his arms in the air and said "YES!" (He denies that he was jumping). He had to throw 2 baseballs in the strike zone, AND they had clock at the same speed. Seems impossible right? I was sure it was a waste of money but he does like a challenge, and apparently he likes to win too! He pitched both balls in the strike zone at the same speed. Adam was preoccupied with the fact we were going to get cotton candy so Anna pretty much got to pick the prize, hence the purple dragon. I think the way to her heart just might be winning a cheap carnival prize, oh she was sooo happy!

Adam wanted to know all about the guy in the kayak who waits out in the water during the game, hoping someone will hit a home run out of the park. They got a free jersey for coming to the game and he really liked that.
Anna's jersey was really big but she liked it better this way because she said it looked like a dress.

Adam watching batting practice. A kid can dream right?
He got to bat before the game in the junior field. He hit a nice line drive right into the wall (it's not a very big field)
Then he ran, right PAST first base... and second base....


and third base...back to home where he cut in line hoping to get another chance.
The above mentioned cotton candy. They did get to see a home run so that was exciting. The pitcher got hurt at one point during the game and there was a team huddle at the pitcher's mound. Anna said "I think they are telling secrets."
And we saw the end of a rainbow in the water right in front of us when we walked to the car. A nice ending to our fun night.
I don't want to leave Haley out, so here is a picture of an amazing dress up outfit she put together herself.

2 comments:

brenley said...

that is so funny about jason and winning - what fun for the kids ... an him!

glad you guys had a great time!

Cassie said...

Hey, will you not title a post with "Our Last _____" ever again? It makes me think you are leaving or some thing...please don't go.

Looks like you had a great time at the game. You were wise to leave Haley at home.